Thursday, August 20, 2026

Bump and I

 Thinking back I remember that  Bump and I spent a  lot of t me together. Will put down some of my memories of this time together. 

We decided one day to move out of our house and the two of us would live in a old trailer our dad had out back. We worked on cleaning it up and making it livable and even stayed in it a couple nights and then  we got scared one night and that ended that adventure.

Bump and I walked downtown many time to go to the movies and always took this short cut  down this path that had a big hump on the trail . We always said a body was buried there and often we ran fast over that hump when we came to it.

Bump and I loved to dance, we thought we were pretty good and actually we were quite good so as they say we often stole the show at sock hops. 

On weekends we went to the roller rink a lot . Nothing much to do in a small town but boy did we love to skate.  I could dance on skates believe it or or not and many of  the older guys wanted to skate with  me. That was one thing I felt I was really good at and made me feel special.


My brother Roscoe's first wife Lillie did a lot for us kids, she made sure we had good stuff to eat , fun stuff which we never got much and took us to drive inn movies and Bump and I would hang out at there house  a lot cause it was fun out there, Roscoe would let us wrestle and  blow a whistle when got to be too much, so fun.  They lived in what was called t he Hollow. It set down off a hill and it had grape vines we could swing on, such fun. 

Lillie was the person that taught me to  drive, she was such a big part of Bump and my lives. The story of their divorce is another story and very sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment